VAT Recovery for Haulage Companies
Cutting your fuel and other business costs by up to 27%
Haulage companies are among the most affected by the VAT charged on expenses incurred abroad. VAT can go as high as 27% of the price of the services purchased, which represents a huge strain on a company’s cash flow.
Understanding the needs of road haulage companies and the importance of VAT Recovery to your business, Taxback International has developed a solution specifically for the transportation sector. Our solution reduces your costs and eliminates the time-intensive process of reclaiming VAT and other taxes.
How it works
Taxback International can assist you in recovering VAT from 41 countries on expenses such as:
- Spare Parts
Using AUD-EX™ Integrated Data Capture module, we automatically connect to your expense management system to identify and extract the data required quickly and accurately. Allowing us to automatically process the data for submission to the tax authorities.
Our VAT specialists;
- Access the reclaim value
- Handle all the paperwork
- Liaise with the tax office
- Send you your VAT refund
Reclaim your VAT in three simple steps:
Taxback International can assist your company in refunding the excise tax included in the price of the gasoil purchased and paid in France, Spain, Italy, Belgium, Slovenia and Hungary.
Who is entitled to reclaim Excise Tax?
A transport company can claim a refund, only in relation to the fuel used;
- For its own vehicles, or
- For leased vehicles where the leasing period is more than 2 years.
What is the value of the refund?
The refund value ranges between €10 and €85 per 1000 litres gas oil.
Criteria for refund
Companies who purchase gasoil for fuel vehicles and fall into the categories listed below are entitled to refund:
- Trucks designed for commercial transport of goods, which weight is equal or over 7.5t;
- Buses used for commercial transport of passengers (vehicles for public transport of passengers - M2 or M3 category
What are the timelines to reclaim Excise Tax?
Deadlines vary depending on the country of refund. In some countries, retrospective claims of up to 3 years are accepted i.e. for the fuel purchased in Dec 2012 the refund can be claimed by 30 Dec 2015.
If your company makes taxable supplies, carries out cabotage or engages in passengers transport in a foreign country, it may have an obligation to VAT register and file VAT returns in that jurisdiction. Taxback International, as your fiscal representative, will ensure your company’s compliancy in the relevant jurisdiction.
We offer tailored services to meet your compliance needs. Our VAT compliance team can provide up to date knowledge on constantly evolving VAT legislation as well as practical tips on VAT compliance throughout the EU.
Features of our services include:
- Initial analysis and advice determining if your business has an obligation to register for VAT
- Organization and management of multi-jurisdictional VAT registrations
- Fiscal representation services
- Preparation, completion and submission of:
- VAT returns
- EC sales listings
- Intrastat declarations
- Liaising and managing relations with the relevant tax offices.
- Arranging de-registration from VAT
This list is not exhaustive and the administrative obligations vary in each country. For more details please Регистрирайте се сега.
- VAT from supplier – in case your supplier wrongly charged VAT on goods purchased within the EU, taxback.com will help you claim it back.
- VAT Consultancy & Training
- VAT Reviews
Taxback International understands the need for road haulage clients to minimise risk and costs for outsourcing processes and offers a no-obligation initial refund estimate to help you identify your reclaim potential.
- No refund - no fee
- VAT refunds from 43 countries, including all 27 EU-member countries
- Free estimation of your refund
- Competitive fees
- Document correction service
- Full visibility - customisable online reporting where you can access in real time all information related to your refund claims
- Dedicated account manager
- Quick payments
- Good relations with foreign tax authorities, ensuring quick and maximum refunds.
If you are ready to take full advantage of your VAT recovery opportunity, manage costs with minimum effort and full visibility to the entire process, get in touch and start maximising your savings.